|Your Cart Is Empty|
|Your Cart Is Empty|
This essential addition to your Tolkein bookshelf takes you on a journey of discovery through the life of a literary master-craftsman, and exlpores the connection between his faith and the world he created for 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of The Rings'. J.R.R. Tolkien has a reputation in the world of both Christian and commerecial literature as the undisputed champion of the fantasy genre through his creation of the world of world of Middle Earth. This book to commemorate a significant anniversary is a milestone reassessment of how everything falls into place when you understand the man himself through this fascinating new biography.
Reasons to buy or give 'J.R.R Tolkien: Making of a Legend'
• Fascinating life story of the creator of 'Lord of the Rings' and the world of 'Middle Earth'
• Essential reading for Tolkien fans - especially Christian readers of his work
• Learn how his life events and fatih influenced his writing
• Answer the most puzzling questions of the connection between his beliefs and his work
• Gain a deeper understanding of the elements of faith that shine through his stories
• Engage more meaningfully with nonChristians about the films and books and faith
• Give a gift to Tolkein fans and open a door to conversation about life and faith
More about J.R.R Tolkien: Making of a Legend
Even before ‘The Lord of the Rings Trilogy’ movies, directed by Peter Jackson, the books have been read over and over by millions of avid fans. Colin Duriez, the Tolkien expert, has documented every influence and inspiration that contributed to the making of the legend. Inside the book you will read all you want to know about the author, in particular:
• his troubled childhood,
• his friendships,
• his scholarly life,
• his faith,
• his many inspirations,
• his forbidden love,
• his love for European History,
• his experience in the First World War
Staying respectful throughout, this unique biography will open your eyes to a life that has inspired generations. A must-get present for any Tolkien fan, this highly recommended book is the key to unlocking the wonders of Middle Earth.
Drawing on many years of fruitful scholarship, Colin Duriez has become the literary companion to Tolkien’s life and works. Having commentated on numerous shows, including BBC’s ‘The World of Fantasy’ and on the extended edition of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ DVD, he has proved his worth as Tolkien's biographer. He is also the author of ‘The Inkling Handbook’, ‘J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: The Story of their Friendship’ and ‘Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings’.
ISBN Number: 9780745955148
Total shipping costs based onweight price chart
|Weight Price Chart*|
|Up to 100g||£0.99|
|Up to 250g||£1.72|
|Up to 500g||£2.16|
|Up to 750g||£2.61|
|Up to 1kg||£3.80|
|Up to 2kg||£4.89|
|Up to 5kg||£13.75|
|Up to 10kg||£20.25|
Free shipping available when subtotal is over £25.00 (exc. VAT) !
Shipping: United Kingdom only